By now most of us have watched the final episode of Downton Abbey and though the third season left most of us brokenhearted, we also know we’ll be tuning in next year. If you find time on your hands on Sunday night, and long for some good old fashioned Edwardian juiciness, I advise you to pick up Summerset Abbey, penned by moi. Why? I thought you would never ask. Let me count the ways.
- Summerset Abbey has the same juicy soapiness set in the same time period.
- Rose isn’t in Summerset Abbey. Not once.
- The description of the clothing is fantastic, if I do say so myself.
- There are three books in the series that will take you all the way to the next season of Downton Abbey. (Summerset Abbey, (available now), Summerset Abbey: A Bloom in Winter, (3/5), and Summerset Abbey: Spring Awakening, (8/15)
- There is no Dowager Countess like character because from now until the end of time there is no Dowager Countess except for Maggie Smith.
- Summerset Abbey is a pretty darn good book and is getting some amazing reviews.
- Summerset Abbey is a delicious concoction of adult, New Adult and historical detail all wrapped up in one book. The rest of the books are the same.
AND MOST IMPORTANT:
8.NO ONE DIES DURING SEX
9. OR IN CHILDBIRTH
10. OR IN A CAR WRECK.
Reason why #DowntonPBS fans should read Summerset Abbey by @teribrownwrites, NO ONE DIES IN A CAR ACCIDENT. www.tjbrownbooks.com (tweet this)
Reason why #Downtonabbey fans should read Summerset Abbey by @teribrownwrites, Rose isn’t in it. Not once! www.tjbrownbooks.com (tweet this)